Thursday, January 3, 2013

Eleven months and she likes to move it, move it!

I feel like such a blog slacker not posting as often as I should, or posting things late. Bonnie has been 11 months old for 9 days now, and I'm just now getting around to blogging about it.

The holidays were definitely busy this year, and as you would assume totally different than years past. I usually take the last bit of the year off work and am as lazy as possible during that time. Not so this year. Oh, I still took the time, but I had a very active child to keep up with, so lazy wasn't much of an option. Luckily Grandma took Bonnie a couple of days for me, so there were flashes of the old times, but generally it was exhausting.

I'm a torn Mama. On one hand (probably the dominate hand) I'm super proud of Bonnie for being so advanced. But on the other hand I wonder what life would have been like if she was just now learning to crawl instead of actually walking around getting into everything. A friend came over with her two year old over the break, and said she can see why I didn't put up a Christmas tree this year once she saw Bonnie in action. Made me feel like I made the right choice :).

I finally got around to baby proofing the living room as much as I could. Cleaned off the side tables and entertainment center so she had less things to grab for. Moved the DVD shelves to the dining room where she can't go. Moved the gamer chair that she loves to climb to a corner against the wall (where the DVDs used to be). There's a chest in the hallway with a drawer at the bottom, whenever she thinks about going in there she always gets into the drawer. So I tried to put a heavy box in front of it. Nope, she moved the box. So I put a big flat box behind the heavy box to cover the whole chest. Nope, she moved both of those. I decided to tape the drawer closed, but didn't want to use duct tape for fear it would damage the chest. Obviously the tape I used was inferior to baby power, because she sat right next to me while I taped it pulling each piece off as I put it on. That girl is smart and stubborn! The other morning I woke up and saw that there was now duct tape on the drawer, Johnathan made an executive decision. I can respect that. So now the living room/play area is as "No" proof as we can make it, it certainly helps with sanity.

Poor dear has been teething something fierce over the holidays too, even developing fevers at night. She honestly has been taking it like a trooper, but has been waking up more often. Even when we know she doesn't feel well, she's still such a sweet little thing.

Bonnie Brags

  • Our living room is strewn with toys both baby and dog a like. She knows which toys are Jericho's  and she'll randomly pick them up and offer them to him. I'm not sure we ever actually made it a point to tell her, she just figured it out.
  • I can ask her to bring things she finds to me, and she'll actually do it.
  • She has several words that she can say (up, arm, doggie, poop, Christmas tree, mama, dada, etc), depending on her mood. Some of them very clear to understand and some of them you just have to know her to understand.
  • I was told this morning that at Grandma's house, she went to a dirty diaper, picked it up, walked it into the kitchen, and threw it in the trash. Knew exactly where she was going and what she was doing.
  • This may seem small but it amused me. I had just wiped her nose with a Boogie Wipe and set it to the side while I got her dressed. She picked it up and proceeded to wipe her nose some more.
  • She can blow kisses, which is just so darn cute!


She turned 11 months on Christmas day, and you can imagine it was pretty difficult getting decent pictures with all that was going on around her. Plus she kept trying to pull the sticker off, so I did the best I could.


No comments:

Post a Comment