Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sleeping-in

Now I may be shooting myself in the foot for saying this, but it appears we have a baby who sleeps-in on the weekends. Obviously my definition of sleeping-in has changed drastically but I'll take what I can get. On Saturday she slept til 8:30 and then on Sunday she slept til 10. In fact, that night she slept 15 hours. Not straight, she still gets up at least twice to feed but goes right back to sleep. But how cool is that!? Could she possibly be this awesome and will always sleep-in on the weekends? A sleep loving parent can only hope, perchance to dream!?

We're waiting patiently for her to sleep through the night so we can move her out of our bed. We still have her in the middle on a raised and contoured changing pad. She's beginning to outgrow it (she's getting pretty good at kicking Johnathan in the face), but until she can sleep to at least 5:30 without waking, I'm not moving her to the other room. I did buy a fancy schmancy mobile this past week and installed it, ready and waiting for her baby presence in the crib. It's really nice with animal balls that light up and spin, bees that spin, a projector that puts stars on the ceiling, and music.

Random sleep picture on her play mat
Serious side note:

Some of you may have concerns or disapprove of our sleeping habits with Bonnie. I understand, but we have taken serious precautions to ensure that there is no risk to her being in bed with us. As I mentioned, she is elevated and in a contoured pad so that she can't roll out and we can't roll in. Any blankets that we use are pinned under her pad and her feet face us. Plus our bed is king sized so we're not restricted on space.

I bring this up because Johnathan and I heard a story this weekend about a couple who lost their second child to co-sleeping. We were horrified. To lose one child is bad enough, but then a year later have another baby die because you can't be responsible enough to learn from your mistakes?! To make matters worse, the woman's mug shot is SO disturbing. She has a huge smile on her face. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! If I had just lost one child, much less two you wouldn't see a smile on my face for years. I was going to post her picture on here, but quite frankly I don't want her face on my blog. So if you're interested in the story, you can follow this link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2126875/Vanessa-Clark-convicted-child-endangerment-SECOND-infant-dies-sleeping-bed.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

No comments:

Post a Comment