Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Countdown Begins

  • Last week I went and got a pedicure, choosing a nice shade of pink in honor of Baby B's soon to be arrival. I like to be strategic in when I go to the nail salon in the winter. I like to be able to wear my flip flops so I can leave in my own shoes and not mess up toes. So I picked a day that was in the 60s and it all worked out fine. However, when I go home Johnathan and I were going out and it had started to cool outside so I put on socks and shoes. When we got home later that night, I knew something was wrong. my sock wasn't coming off! Finally the tale was told...both my big toes were ruined. I left it like that for a while, and then decided to just remove the polish from those two toes. I've decided not to have it fixed because I'm cheap to teach infant B a valuable lesson on how we can plan things, but they don't always work out the way we want them to. Good thing I have cute new knee socks for the hospital.
  • Johnathan and I decided that it would be nice to have pictures of our little family of three (talking about our little yorkie poo Jericho as the third), before Baby B came along and made it a family of four. Luckily we have a super talented photographer in the family that is kind enough to help us out whenever we ask. So we dragged ourselves outdoors on a blistery, windy day and soldiered the cold. I think all of our hands were frozen and noses were running by the end. I hope they come out well, I don't really consider myself very photogenic and Jericho was often not looking in the right direction. I'll post some of them once they're available.
  • Had my last OBGYN appointment today, for my last ultrasound and NST. The ultrasound went well, with Baby B being active and cooperative as always. It seems she's rolled over so now her hands and feet are on the right side of my body. But she's still head down. The tech said it doesn't look like she's wanting to come out soon (she's not in the pelvis yet), so it looks like we'll probably make it to our induction date of 1/24. She weighed in at 7 lbs 7 ounces, and the tech said even though it's hard to be exact at this point babies usually come out weighing less than they measure in belly. So Baby B is a very nice, respectable size. The NST went well as always. Although Baby B was being a little peaceful so the nurse said, "Looks like she's asleep, let's buzz her." And before the buzzer could even be used Baby B's heartrate went up and she started moving. I think she knows what that buzzer is all about and said, no thanks I'll pass! My cervix hasn't really changed, so the game plan remains the same. I'll go to the hospital at 7pm on 1/24 where they'll put me on a low does of Pitocin to start me contracting and they'll also give me a sleep aid. The next day they'll up my dose so that real labor starts and at some point on 1/25 Baby B will be here!
  • There are benefits to being induced. I can actually plan my time a little better. I've already scheduled a hair appointment that afternoon to get my hair straightened and a color touch-up. I know it seems silly, but my hair looks like a rats nest if slept on curly and straight hair is more manageable over a longer period of time. I don't want to look like a ragamuffin. Also, they've told me to eat before I go, because they won't let me once I'm at the hospital. I think I've landed on wanting Boston Market. We don't have a lot around, but there is one somewhat near the hospital. I think it should stick to my ribs pretty good.
  • WE CAN'T WAIT! YAY!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Wendy! I'll be thinking about you! The photos look wonderful too :)

    ReplyDelete