Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Returning to Work Blues

Tomorrow is another milestone in our lives with baby. We both return to work, no more charmed life. We're both not looking forward to it. We'd found a nice rhythm for our lives and had found a lot of happiness there.

I'll admit, before I was a mother I thought the return to work wouldn't be a big deal. I always knew that I would work even after children so I thought I would be excited to get back to grown up things. In the beginning of our leave, when it was so tiring and difficult I still might have welcomed 8 hours away. But now that things have calmed down I enjoy being around her all day.

We're lucky that Johnathan's mom is going to take care of Bonnie while we work, so we don't have to worry about her getting sick every other day. And we don't have to worry about her getting less attention then she's used to. But I think like any mother (maybe?) I'm worried that Bonnie will start preferring someone else over me. She'll be with her Grandmother A LOT more then us. And I know her Grandmother will do a great job, so why wouldn't she prefer her? Deep down I know there are very sound reasons why that won't happen, but a girl still worries.

Oh and did I mention that she still doesn't sleep through the night!? In fact, over the last few days I think she's woken up more overnight then she use to. I haven't gotten a solid nights sleep since before she was born. It's amazing the things we can get use to. That doesn't mean I don't long for a solid nights sleep.

Oh and did I also mention that I had to buy new clothes because nothing I wore before will fit!? There's nothing like shopping to make you realize how bumpy and lumpy you really are. This girl needs to lose more weight, specifically around the middle. Honestly I don't know if that's even possible.

Oh well, on the bright side here are some pictures of Bonnie sleeping.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries. You'll lose that weight! Good luck getting used to your new schedule!

    ~Amanda Woods Martin~

    ReplyDelete